I was up until 4 am last night because they had a really gruesome crime scene near my town and in my town over the past few days. And that stuff makes me worry unnecessarily and excessively. I think I have some lasting PTSD from when I was younger, but I feel a lot better this evening after they caught the suspects. . And I finally have my computer back. I had to use my phone the last few days, so I apologize for all of the grammar/spelling/autocorrect errors that may have occurred!
One thing that did happen over the past few days was that I was reminded once again to be thankful for the days we have. Particularly because each one gives us the chance to do something good. To help ourselves and help others. We have the chance to use our gifts to grow and work and change the world. We have something existent within us each day that has the capacity to leave a lasting mark of love. Whether we write it, paint it, swim it, create music, lend an ear, offer true advice, or smile as often as we can, doing so makes a difference. It matters to us. It matters to others. It matters to the world. We are all significant, whether we feel anyone else (or even we ourselves) realizes it or not. We can do something worth doing each time the sun rises. Every morning is a new chance to start over, move forward, and find ourselves coming closer to where we want to be. So do not waste it. Let it be worthwhile.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the following bloggers for nominating me for a myriad of awards over the past few days. I tried to figure out if there was a good way to answer all the questions or how to space things out, but I decided it was best to simply extend my gratitude to each of you. You all have wonderful blogs on a variety of topics. And I really appreciate you taking the time out to acknowledge me and to read my blog in general. It’s truly humbling and extremely kind of you all. Thank you so much! Check out their blogs J
I have nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award. Your blog has inspired me. If you choose to accept the award, here are the guidelines:
Last week I was nominated for a few awards, and I wanted to be sure that I said thank you to those of you who nominated me. I’m glad that you enjoy reading my blog. I very much enjoy reading yours as well. Patti Clark and Timzauto both nominated me for the Versatile Blog Award, and Diane nominated me for the Readers Appreciation Award. Thank you all! It’s very kind of you. I’m kind of surprised anyone likes my blog. But I’m glad you do.
Here are their websites, you should check them out:
These are the 7 things (I’m supposed to share 7 things I want you to know)
1) I learned how to insert pictures on blogs, but not on the sides yet… progress.. one step at a time
2) I’m a terrible conversationalist in person. I’m only wordy when I write
3) I’m much better with things like this if I had questions to answer, not coming up with them on my own
4) I like proper grammar. Even if I don’t use it all the time.
5) I never, ever use what I refer to as text speak. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s the only way I can pretend to be elitist. But I type out words. Maybe I just like typing.
6) My hands turn orange when I eat a lot of vegetables. I got quite concerned the first time it happened.
7) My book is good. You should read it. Amazon won’t let me give it away for free. Otherwise I would. 🙂